MusicalCriticism.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wicked the Musical.

4 posters

Go down

Wicked the Musical. Empty Wicked the Musical.

Post  serxes Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:04 pm

Hi just wanted to say that i just recently saw the musical Wicked. I'd been meaning to see it ever since it opened but had been put off by mixed reviews, 2 of my friends who are avid musical comedy fans didn't like it at all. Finally made the plunge and went with my mother. We both absolutely loved it, it's clever inversion of the story of the wicked witch of the west from the Wizard of Oz who isn't really wicked, and the good witch Glinda who isn't really good but spoilt, vain and self-serving. The music and lyrics are great, especially the show-stopping number Defying Gravity which ends the first half of the show. I guess where the criticism has come is due to the pop like tunes of the show, which might have put off musical traditionalists, but also I believe that the show really appeals to teenagers, particularly girls, as at the heart it's about being accepted by your peers even when you're different.

I highly reccomend it even by an old middle-aged teenager at heart. Go and see it. Very Happy

serxes

Back to top Go down

Wicked the Musical. Empty Re: Wicked the Musical.

Post  Dominic McHugh Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 pm

That's interesting - all my friends that have seen it hated it, so I didn't bother going.

Dominic McHugh
Admin

https://musicalcriticism.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Post  clauds26 Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:19 pm

I saw it about a year ago with friends who were visiting London and were desperate to see it. I went with an open mind, but have to say I wasn't bowled over by it. Defying Gravity is indeed a highlight but I don't know if I would be desperate to pay to see the show again.
I think perhaps you are right, in that it is more a musical for teenage girls - it was such a person (who had just seen it for the third time, owned the score and soundtrack) who convinced me it was worth seeing in the first place!

clauds26

Back to top Go down

Post  qingfeng456 Mon Jun 27, 2011 3:43 am

That's interesting

qingfeng456

http://www.bridal.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down