MusicalCriticism.com
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Don Giovanni online

4 posters

Go down

Don Giovanni online Empty Don Giovanni online

Post  Dominic McHugh Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:55 pm

Dominic McHugh
Admin

https://musicalcriticism.forumotion.net

Back to top Go down

Don Giovanni online Empty Re: Don Giovanni online

Post  jflatter Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:10 pm

The stream is too slow and the sound is too tinny. Has anyone used the Met's streaming service? I saw Rigoletto on it and sound and picture were good but every now and then the subtitles disappeared and you had to start again.

jflatter

Back to top Go down

Post  sans Tue Dec 02, 2008 2:22 am

Hi jflatter,

I have indeed used the new Metplayer from the Met, infact every day since it launch and have had to invest in a larger monitor to plug into my laptop to get even a better experience. ( Regarding surtitles, why would you need them for Rigoletto?) but I can see your point to a certain degree.

I feel that ROH are trying and hastily to jump on the band waggon of what the Met is doing without investing in the technology, Yes Don G is free to watch, but painfully slow and bad quality sound that you soon lose the will to carry on with it.

Live in HD, Internet Streaming is the way forward, (in my opinion) but not if the systems used are painful.

The Met has immersed its large toe in the water since Peter Gelb took to the helm. ROH are still sitting by the pool wearing arm bands. Sad

Have you also tried Metropolitan Opera Radio on Sirius, Channel 78, 4 Live broadcasts a week live from the Met, ( works out at about £7 per month) only point is that they dont start generally till 1am UK time, plus you get 24 hours of broadcasts from over 70 years of live performances, (tonight was Trovatore from 1954 at 5pm, wonderful.

Nothing takes away the experience of attending a live performance, never will, but this is the next best thing, I feel.......

sans

Back to top Go down

Post  Jngarratt Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:09 pm

My problem with this is that the filming was not particularly good. Often the camera was not watching the action - and that is irritating. I think this idea of filming is a good one, but they need to become better at both recording and delivery.

Jngarratt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down